Donnie Cantaloupi is fast off the gate

Tuesday, January 31, 2012


I used to love making this shot for my Cycle News race report.  Walk past the first turn, take a stance coming into turn two, where riders will thread the needle and settle into race order for the first lap.

I'm always a bit foggy on my photos, but I think this shot is from a Trans-USA race at Unadilla.  Can't remember what happened that year but the factories weren't supporting the series...it was still excellent racing and Michigan's Dave Hollis won the title.

Pretty sure this is Donnie Cantaloupi taking it off the front.  Donnie was always an easily accessible rider and was fun to interact with.  I can remember this series being more laid back than ever, sans the factory riders and teams.

It's great fun to study this photo.  I love to check out all things retro motocross. Let's start with that Superfox decal on the visor.  My cool meter just pegged.

0 comments:

Post a Comment