Bailey is ultimate cool

Saturday, January 14, 2012


I think this shot defines my era in motocross. It's the peak of all things cool.  Here's David Bailey (23) making short work of a whoop section with Broc Glover (6) hammering the inside line.  What a day at the races.

I have this shot on my screen saver at university and get to examine it often. It's Bailey being cool without even trying. Check out the body stance...has there ever been one better?  And how about the Fox apparel, boot gaiters and Scott face protector? And the obligatory duct tape across visor?

Put that rider on top of the potent RC250 and you had one heck of a show. Maybe it's only because I lived inside that period of time, but those factory riders on their flying machines were the greatest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment