Bayle, Stanton and Kiedrowski rule Daytona

Tuesday, January 10, 2012


Here's Speed TV's main man Dave Despain, getting the inside info from the Daytona Supercross top 3 - Jeff Stanton, French rider Jean-Michel Bayle and Mike Kiedrowski.

I think this is 1990, correct me if I'm wrong.  By this point in the sport, I was popping in and out of events on occasion, doing freelance work for "Back Off," a Japanese publication.

Stanton reminded me of the reincarnation of Barnett. No nonsense and hard work.  No other BS, just get the job done.

David Bailey paid high compliments to Stanton.  Bailey told me that Stanton came to his SX track in Virginia, early in Jeff's career.  According to Bailey, he really wasn't that good.  Natural talent wasn't there.  No Lechien or Tripes stuff going on.

Instead, Stanton worked his way to the top.  Then stayed there for a long time.

Have to love a good work ethic in motocross.  Stanton was that man.

0 comments:

Post a Comment