Johnny O' taught us Gaiters were cool

Thursday, April 12, 2012


(Had a recent comment on this post...it's "Gaiters" not "Gaters" and thanks for the correction!)

Racing seemed fun to me in my early 80's Cycle News East days.  I came from another planet called Wisconsin, then moved to an eastern domain called Atlanta...which was still a million miles from the epicenter of MX in those days - California. None of that mattered much when we'd congregate from all over the nation at a MX National or a Supercross.  On those special days, we'd get to see the latest in MX style.

Here's John O'Mara modeling the cutting edge...JT Racing inclusive of Gaiters.  Johnny was 10+ on the fashion scale and when ever these guys came to the gate, we were anxious to see what might be debuted on that given day.

I was never held high mechanical aptitude, but I sure was one for rider fit and finish.  Thanks to the O'Show and others who were pioneers of cool.

0 comments:

Post a Comment