Glover liked to pass Barnett in practice

Wednesday, October 3, 2012


I used to love to hang out at Supercross races.  My editor probably thought I was nuts, but I didn't want to miss anything, not even one lap of practice.  Here's Broc Glover finding a fast line through a whoop section with Barnett checking it out a bit more to the inside.

How great a life it was.  The open-air stadiums held the risk of rain, but when it was hot and sunny it almost felt like a mini MX National.  I enjoyed walking the track, making a few photos like this one in practice, then cruising the pits and visiting with most anyone who would talk to me...and with a few exceptions, that was most everyone.

I've measured every other point of passion in my life against those Cycle News years.  It was high engagement on every level and I was totally immersed in the culture.

0 comments:

Post a Comment